Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Professor Husband returns home

Prof. husband returned safely from Turkey, if not entirely without mishaps. As I waited for him to come home on Monday night, monitoring his trip’s progress online, his flight status suddenly went from delayed to canceled. What?! Among all the illnesses and sleepless nights, I couldn’t believe it. A search later I could conclude that he probably would be on a later flight that would land him at our house sometime in the early morning. His lecture that day would probably be missed, but at least he would be home. Sure enough, around sunrise I heard the door rattle, and his precious steps enter the boys bedroom. I heard quiet hugs distributed, and then I felt a kiss on my cheek. Moments later I snuggled back to sleep with my husband beside me, home at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment