Monday, March 11, 2013

Getting ready for surgery


My friends threw me a baby shower yesterday. It was a lovely high tea party, and the gifts were fun – everything from onesies to nipple cream. The greatest gift was a quilt that my book club friends had made, each contributing a square. I’m amazed I didn’t cry when I received it, but maybe I was too shocked: it is beautiful, and what a great memory!

So, here we are; last few days of calm before the storm. My doctor is expecting me at the hospital on Wednesday so that I can get ready for the surgery on Thursday. As he explained it, I will be hooked up to an IV as soon as I come in and pumped full of fluids, so that when I “lose a lot of blood, it’s diluted” and hence I “don’t lose as many red blood cells.” Sounds lovely, no? 

I feel like I’m getting ready to be in a terrible car accident.

2 comments:

  1. The quilt sounds wonderful! When you have the time and are past the storm, maybe you can post a picture of it.

    You will be in my thoughts and prayers this week, Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

      Delete