Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Hurray! Our little Karl-Abraham is four!

Four years ago exactly, I went with my husband, August, William and my mother to the maternity hospital Al Nada on Al Manyal island in the center of Cairo to have a baby.
It was a pretty awful experience – a c-section where a lot of things went wrong – and I remember thinking that I could never, ever go through something like that again. Yeah. Ha, right?

But boy, was it worth it. Every single painful minute. Because we had a boy who has brought us all so much joy and love that words cannot describe it, and he makes the world a wonderful place.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Can't believe that he is 4--I remember when he was a baby, from Nancy talking about him. Your courage to have a baby in Egypt really helped her to have the courage to do the same! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the birthday wishes! Who said, "There's a fine line between courage and foolishness. Too bad it's not a fence?" I think that by the time Abraham was born Nancy was at the point of no return anyways, right? :)

      Delete