Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Stress!


I’m having one of those moments I imagine other people perpetually experience when I hear them say that they are stressed or under pressure. I very rarely feel stressed and I can’t say I’m really ever under pressure, at least not in a stressful way. But right now I’m having a bit of a stressful twinkling, because just now, seconds ago, all the work that I did today – all the translations that I have been entering into an online database since this early morning until late evening – just suddenly disappeared, right in front of my eyes. Gone. In a moment of panic, I closed the database and logged back in. The translations are still missing.

It’s the lack of control that gets me, I think. I did nothing to cause this, and I can do nothing to fix it. A moment while I feel stressed! (And contact the database administrator to see if he can fix this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment