Sunday, September 2, 2012

Do I win some kind of "Most Boring" price...?


I’m here. I spent *all weekend* working. Yes, that's it. And it wasn't even interesting work. Just normal... work. 

Now, on Sunday evening, as I sit down to catch up with the outside world via my computer, I’m having one of those “The grass is always greener on Facebook/Twitter/[insert your preferred social networking site here]” kind of moments. It seems everyone had the most amazing weekend, with beautiful nature hikes, exciting travels, partying, concerts, weddings and other special celebrations. My social channels are filled with tons of fantastic pictures and status updates to admire, moments to envy, and glorious experiences to read about. Wow.

All this while I… just worked. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah. I get you. Tomorrow is Labour Day—a day off for everybody...but Andrew has class from 8 AM until 9 PM. It's going to be suh-weet!

    A neighbour invited the kids and me over for a BBQ though, so I think we'll go to that...so I guess I can't really complain (but Andrew can).

    There will be more glamorous weekends for you down the road, I'm sure! :)

    ReplyDelete