Saturday, September 1, 2012

Ready for another academic year!


I’m alive and well, thank you. No hospital visits or IV’s recently. No illnesses or accidents.

Because of the delay I talked about here though, and since my mother arrived for a longer visit last week, AND it turns out the other schools here don’t start until 3 September, I decided to postpone our school start until after this weekend. Good decision. Without too much effort, I’ve spent this extra week writing out our curriculum, syllabi, ordered books and other material, caught up on work, organizing the house, stocking up on food, spending some time with friends, and getting the kids  ready to start working again.

The only thing we haven’t managed is better our sleeping. We still go to bed late and sleep late. I know I need to wake the boys up earlier, but since they go to bed so late, I end up staying up really late to get that special time for myself after bedtime, and then I’m too tired to wake up early in the morning. It’s a vicious cycle that I need to break.

Oh, right, and we’re still waiting for our books to arrive. We're going to have to start with what we have though, since the books will not be here until 18 September.

But other than that, I think we’re ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment