Friday, January 4, 2013

Post new year's cheer


Three days; many activities, two dinners with friends, lots of cooking, clean-up, laundry and shopping – I’m a bit tired (again! I bet you’re tired of hearing about it, too!), and to be honest, it feels good to sit down and do some work. I haven’t worked for a couple of weeks, since I really needed a bit of rest, and you know, it was Christmas and all that, but now, I’m easing back into it with a couple of projects over the next few days. The older boys have a sleep-over tonight at a friend’s house, and I expect a quiet night with Abraham at my side, working. Prof. Husband has a deadline of sorts (as usual) but it appears that it’s only paperwork, so he should be available to manage ground services, such as dinner and clean-ups.

On Sunday we’ll take down the Christmas tree and put away all our holiday cheer for next year. I feel Christmas and New Year’s, even Advent, went by too fast this year, but at the same time, it will be nice to get all our space back and return to a routine, while looking forward to the next great events coming up: birthdays, Valentine’s day, Mardi Gras, Lent and Easter – Easter break and spring! Perhaps a bit of traveling - local exploration - in between. How exciting!

1 comment:

  1. Not to mention that other thing that will happen soon!

    ReplyDelete