Monday, January 14, 2013

Faraya snow adventures


Our very generous friends and neighbors invited us to come stay with them at their chalet in Mzaar (Faraya) this weekend, which allowed us to enjoy some fresh air, sun, and snow – lots and lots of snow!

It was a bit painful; you see, I love skiing, and the lifts were not very crowded, the snow looked great, the slopes were clear and inviting, my kids eager and ready to learn – but there I was, with a big baby belly, and a note from my OBGyn begging me to stay off skis and sleds. I agreed, of course, that skiing was perhaps not a good idea for me right now; not so much because I’m worried about my own balance or falling (I’m a good skier) but because – no offence anyone - the slopes in Faraya are filled with people who have no idea what they are doing, racing uncontrollably down the hills, flailing their ski poles, falling out of the lift, etc. One hit by someone like that, and little Quartus would be toast. So we didn’t ski. Instead, we rented sleds that the kids ran up and down the sledding hill while I watched and took pictures.

It was a good weekend; I enjoyed getting out of town, the kids had a great time sledding and playing in the snow, and it was fun to hang out with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment