Saturday, October 20, 2012

Cough, cough


I am searching the internet for cough home remedies. Abraham has been keeping everyone awake for several nights now with his persistent coughing, and it doesn’t seem to ease up during the day. He doesn’t have a fever – there’s just *a lot* of snot. I’ve tried honey and lots of cold drinks, even paracetamol. I could take him to the doctor, but she would just tell me he has a cold with a cough, and prescribe paracetamol and cough syrup (I’ve made that trip many times before – that’s how I know), so why waste the hours and energy?

I might just end up going to get some cough syrup, however the road blocks and protests following the assassination in Ashrafiye yesterday are slightly discouraging my enthusiasm for leaving campus (as is my own cold, actually), although I’m sure Hamra is perfectly safe and unaffected.

You don't happen to have a secret cough remedy up your sleeve, do you?

2 comments:

  1. Put Vicks on the bottom of his feet and a pair of socks over it. Google vicks vapor rub and cough....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently read to mix cinnamon in with honey for a cold. Certainly can't hurt. 1 tsp of honey to 1/4 tsp of cinnamon. We also use a lot of ginger tea for these things... usually mixed with lime juice and honey. It is very soothing. Warm apple juice can also work. I'm so sorry you're dealing with that. It's rough when the little ones get ill. take care!

    ReplyDelete