Wednesday, June 15, 2011

IRS, my friend, I sent you a letter!


Because we are living over-seas, we get a two-month automatic extension on our tax return. This is nice, because getting all the papers we need from all over the world takes time. This year I had everything I needed a whole week before our return was due. I put everything together over the weekend, and Courtney took the envelope to the post office on Monday to mail to the US. Goodness knows how long it will take before it gets there, but at least it’s post marked before the deadline, 15 June.

As every year, we’ve over-paid and will get a bit of money back, and this year, which has been so hard on us economically, it was especially pleasant to realize. Another few dollars to put a distance between us and debt.

Did you get a check from the IRS this year as well? What will you spend it on?

No comments:

Post a Comment