Friday, January 20, 2012

A weekend to breathe


Yesterday I finished a fairly long translation on injection fuel systems in cars – I know, I really hit the jackpot this time as far as interesting subjects go! - and when I looked around me (kids and house a mess) I decided to turn down any further jobs this week. Although I don’t like turning down the money, I need a breather. I need to restore or even improve the house and make some organizational rearrangements, I need to recharge my energy (physically and emotionally), focus on the boys’ education and general well-being, blow some life into my husband who seems to be stuck in a kind of vacuum, and potty-train Abraham (none of the other boys were wearing diapers at his age, and although I’m all for individual development, enough is enough!).

1 comment:

  1. That work/life balance is always a challenge. Kudos to you for responding so well.

    ReplyDelete