Saturday, January 21, 2012

Coughing all night


The boys all got colds towards the end of this school week. With Abraham's pneumonia fresh in memory, I’m a little worried, but the colds seem to be fairly mild. Last night was a bad night though, because Abraham had a cough that kept waking him up and then keeping him from sleeping. He cried - that tired, tortured cry that says, "I just want to sleep!" - and I held him upright a bit, rocking him, until he slept. After I’d pass out though, he'd wake up coughing again. This went on all night. Needless to say, today we are tired.

Nobody in our family used to have this kind of cough. I wonder if it's the humidity here in Beirut, and especially here right next to the sea?

1 comment:

  1. You can drink Hot Milk And Honey. Mix together a warm glass of milk and stir in a little honey. Drink this gradually and be ready to have a cough-free night.

    ReplyDelete