Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Just when I started thinking it was possible for me to do it all…


Things have been crazy busy since the holidays, but somehow, I’ve managed to keep things together. The house has not fallen apart. The kids have been on the receiving end of some really good education. I’ve worked and made some money. The husband got published. Things suddenly seemed to be going so well, in fact, that last week, towards the end of the school week, I paused for a moment and thought,

“Wow, I’m really doing it! All of it. I can do it! The kids’ schooling is going well, we’re actively potty-training Abraham [read: keeping up with Abraham’s insistence on peeing and pooping on the floor around the house], I’m managing work, which means we have enough money to not have to worry so much, and the house is under control, because we’ve got a good routine going for everything, chores, shopping, exercise – yes! I run around the track every afternoon, and things are running smoothly…”

Within moments, literally, of me thinking this, it all fell apart.

I accepted a monster-job where I might have bit off more than I can swallow (it’s long and difficult); we decided this would be a good time to get out of town for a few days so we booked a car; we also decided this week would be good for socializing and booked a couple of dinners; Abraham got a cold – again; we realized it’s Abraham’s birthday this week and that we need to throw a party; and I got some kind of flu. Fever, really sore throat, body- and headaches, that seems to only be getting worse.

Sigh. Back to… not even square one, but – back paddling.  That’s it. Watch me! I’m back paddling!

No comments:

Post a Comment